OMPHobby M2 EVO swash leveling tool has been specially designed and printed by OriginHobbies to make it very easy for you to level the swash plate of your M2 or M2 EVO helicopter. No need to remove the head and links. It allows you to have a level swash plate and zero pitch when setting the SERVO center in the Flybarless controller settings.
NOTE: This tool is provided free with every M2 Helicopter (V2/EXP/EVO) purchased from our store!
- Go to SERVO setting in the Flybarless controller.
- Increase the height of the swash plate by using Elevator, Aileron and Rudder stick inputs so swash leveling tool can fit under the swash plate.
- Slide the swash leveling tool below the swash plate from the front of the helicopter. Make sure it is sitting flat on the bearing block.
- Slowly lower the height of the swash plate by using Elevator, Aileron and Rudder stick inputs till the swash plate is sitting flush on the swash leveling tool.
- Verify that the blade pitch is zero. You can do that by folding the blades to be perpendicular to the blade grips and making sure that both blade edges are parallel to each other when viewing from the side. See above picture.
- IMPORTANT: Move the collective pitch stick to positive before coming out of the SERVO setting so the swash plate does not press excessively on the swash leveling tool and damage the servos.
- Enter PITCH setting. (press SET button once)
- Remove the swash leveling tool from the front.
- Save controller settings. (press and hold SET button for few seconds till it exits setup mode)
- Congratulations! You now have a perfectly level swash plate 🙂