This guide will show you how to setup your Radiomaster Zorro for your OMPHobby M2 EVO or M1 EVO Helicopter.
If you purchased a RTF Combo or Zorro Radio from us, this setup is already done for you.
EdgeTX model configuration files
Download OriginHobbies Zorro EdgeTX Model Configuration File. (right click and Save as)
It can be used with both EdgeTX Companion software. It contains all the models listed below.
Model names in Configuration file
|EVO FUT||M1 EVO & M2 EVO||Built-in / OSHM2055||S-FHSS|
|EVO DSM||M1 EVO & M2 EVO||DSM nano Satellite||DSM / DSM2 / DSMx|
|EVO OMP||M1 EVO & M2 EVO||Built-in||OMP|
|EVO XSR||M1 EVO & M2 EVO||Frsky R-XSR||FrskyX2 D16 (EU-LBT)|
|EVO R81||M1 EVO & M2 EVO||Radiomaster R81||Frsky D8|
Loading Models from configuration file to Radio
- Download and install Edge Companion tool on PC/Mac/Linux.
- Start the Companion tool.
- In Settings->Settings->Radio Type ensure that “Radiomaster Zorro” is selected.
- Power ON the Radio and Connect the Radio to USB port of your computer. Select “USB Storage mode“
- Get the models from the Radio to Companion tool.
Select Read/write->Read current models from radio.
- Open the OriginHobbies configuration file you downloaded from above. There are many models in the configuration file. Copy the models you need from OriginHobbies configuration window to your Radio’s configuration window.
- Save the models from the Companion tool to the Radio.
Select Read/write->Write current models to radio.
- Safely remove the USB disk drive.
- Disconnect the Zorro from Computer’s USB port.
Futaba / S-FHSS
The helicopter supports one one SBUS port. You can connect a SBUS compatible receiver to this port. It will override the internal OMP receiver. e.g. OSHM2055 S-FHSS micro receiver
Choose model EVO FUT from the configuration file.
|5||Stability mode (ON/OFF)||Inverted|
The helicopter supports one Spektrum DSM Satellite port. You can connect a Spektrum satellite receiver to this port. e.g. DSM2 / DSMX nano Satellite receiver with bind button.
Choose model EVO DSM from the configuration file.
|5||Stability mode (ON/OFF)|
OMPHobby M2 EVO and M1 EVO OMP comes with built-in receiver that supports OMP Protocol. In OMP Protocol, the throttle curve is fixed in the helicopter and cannot be adjusted at the Transmitter Radio. OMP protocl supports telemetry for Helicopter battery voltage. Normal, Idle-up1 and Idle-up2 flight modes are assigned by a switch on the Radio transmitter.
Choose model EVO OMP from the configuration file.
|6||Flight mode (Normal/Idle1/Idle2)|
|7||Stability mode (ON/OFF)||Inverted|
Frsky D16 protocol (Archer Plus RS mini & R-XSR)
The Archer Plus RS mini receiver is perfect for M1 and M2 helicopters due to its compact size. It even comes with the correct adapter cable.
Note that R-XSR receiver supports 2 modes on SBUS out pin (SBUS mode and CPPM mode). This pin should be in SBUS mode to work with M1/M2 helicopter. The blue LED is turned ON for SBUS mode and OFF for CPPM mode. Press the bind button for 4 seconds to switch between the two modes.
Choose model EVO XSR from the configuration file.
|5||Stability mode (ON/OFF)|
Radio switch Layout
|Throttle hold fail-safe||SE|
|Flight mode (Normal, Idle-up1, Idle-up2)||SB|
|Rescue switch||SA (button)|
|Attitude hold (auto level) ON/OFF||SF|
|Volume control||S2 knob|
- Flight timer: 4.5 mins, Haptic countdown at 10 seconds
- To reset flight timer, both Throttle hold switches should be in Throttle hold.
- Voice call on Throttle cut, Throttle active, Flight modes and Stability mode.
Binding and pre-flight Check
- Ensure batteries of your Helicopter and Transmitter are sufficiently charged
- It is a good idea to remove the main and tail blades of the helicopter to prevent any injury if motors start accidentally.
- Choose the correct model on the Zorro Transmitter.
- Ensure throttle hold is engaged.
- Plug in the battery into the Helicopter and wait for beeps.
- Press and hold BIND button on helicopter. Blue LED will start flashing. Release the BIND button.
- On the Radio, go to Model setup. Press MDL button followed by PAGE> button
- Scroll down to INTERNAL RF section
- Check that the correct RF Protocol is selected in Type and Subtype. If not you have chosen the wrong model.
- Highlight BND on screen and press Enter (press the Scroll wheel).
- During binding process, the Blue LED will flash rapidly. Once binding is complete the Blue LED will be steady.
- Press RTN on the Zorro to exit Bind mode.
- The Red LED indicates Auto-level mode status.
Red LED blinking = Auto-level OFF.
Red LED steady = Auto-level ON.
Toggle auto-level switch and see it is switching between Auto-level ON and OFF.
- Keep Auto-level OFF.
- Move the aileron/elevator sticks and check that the swash plate is moving correctly (left-right and front-back)
- Move the collective pitch stick and check that the swash plate is moving correctly (up & down)
- Disengage both throttle hold and throttle hold fail safe switches, give some collective and check that main rotor is spinning.
- Engage any one throttle hold and check that main rotor stops.
- Engage both throttle holds and check that flight timer resets.
- Now you can put the rotor blades back on and do a test flight. Good Luck!
You can customize the model configuration as per your linking. Please refer to explanation of different settings.
To change the switch assignments Navigate to Model->Input Page
Scroll to the Function whose switch you want to change. e.g. To change rescue mode switch scroll to Rsq input. Press and hold the Scroll wheel and select EDIT.
Scroll to Source and press the scroll wheel button. Then scroll till you find your desired switch. Press the scroll wheel button to confirm.
For OMP Protocol, there are no throttle curves on the Radio Transmitter as throttle curve is fixed inside the Helicopter. For other protocols, the below curves are used.
|CV2||TCn||Throttle curve for Normal mode|
|CV3||TC1||Throttle curve for Idle-up 1|
|CV4||TC2||Throttle curve for Idle-up 2|
|CV6||PCn||Collective pitch curve for Normal mode|
|CV7||PC1||Collective pitch curve for Idle-up 1|
|CV8||PC2||Collective pitch curve for Idle-up 2|
Config file Revision history
v2.9: 2023-03-30 -R81: Added model for Radiomaster R81 nano receiver v2.8: 2023-03-28 -R-XSR: Added model for R-XSR receiver. Added telemetry screen for VFAS, Curr, mAh, RxBt and RSSI v2.7: 2023-03-14 -All: updated sound track for fm1, fm2, 3d and stable mode. v2.6: 2023-01-12 -FUT/DSM: Change normal mode throttle curve to 0,5,5,5,5. We want governor to be engaged througout except full negative. -OMP: Added RSSI to telemetry screen v2.5: 2022-12-02 -All: Add Rescue mode on sound. https://github.com/EdgeTX/edgetx-sdcard-sounds/blob/main/SOUNDS/en/rscmon.wav?raw=true v2.4: 2022-11-30 -All: Added 15% expo to Aileron, Elevator, Rudder inputs to tame down at center stick. -EVO OMP: Adjusted Normal mode Pitch Curve for -100, 0, 100. Heli has internal throttle curve. -EVO OMP: Added telemetry screen for Heli battery voltage. v2.3: 2022-11-20 -EVO OMP: Adjusted Normal mode Pitch Curve for a bit more punch. -100,0,85 v2.2: 2022-10-14 -EVO FUT, DSM, OMP: Removed PCs curve from pitch mix so pitch doesn't change when switching to stability mode. -EVO OMP: Tamed down Normal mode Pitch Curve so throttle and pitch are more manageable. v2.1: 2022-10-09 -EVO FUT & DSM: Fix Pitch channel mix. Use Replace instead of Add for Idle1 & Idle2 v2.0: 2022-10-07 -EVO FUT & EVO DSM: Streamlined Input, Mixes and Logical Switches so user can easily change switch function just from Input page. -EVO DSM: Fixed inverted Stability mode by reversing channel. -EVO FUT, DSM, OMP: all use same monitor screen -EVO OMP: Lowered low and critical signal warnings to 25, 15. v1.5: 2022-10-05 -EVO OMP: Added Rescue mode support to OMP config. -EVO OMP: Streamlined Input, Mixes and Logical Switches so user can easily change switch function just from Input page. -Flight timer increased from 3:00 to 4:30 v1.4: 2022-09-29 -Removed deadband curve mix from Aileron and Elevator as it is too twitchy at the center. v1.3: 2022-09-28 -Update throttle curve FUT/DSM from 0-5-10 to 0-8-15 -Changed flight timer from 3 mins to 4 mins. v1.2: 2022-09-02 -Fixed failsafe warning at startup for all OMP modesl -Fixed OMP model protocol and channel direction v1.1: 2022-08-20 -Used CP1 curve instead of CPL curve for collective pitch for Stability mode -Added EVO OMP model for OMP protocol v1: 2022-08-19 -Initial version